So this is the last of the wedding gushing I’m gonna do for now. I honestly never thought I could be this girly and excited about something, but this was a truly wonderful day and I have a lot of people to thank for it. I also want to share my vendor info in case anyone is planning a wedding in Captiva, Fl or in the Naples area. This was seriously a perfect day and the only thing missing was my beautiful Mama. I would like to dedicate this Video and all of the joy in it to her. Below the video you will find a list of vendors and info that you may find useful for future planning. Love you. xo r
I would like to thank and recommend:
1. Our Officiant: Charles Hutchins and His lovely wife Eva Gray Hutchins, the founders of Holston Home fore Children in Greeneville,TN, where Rodney was fostered as a child, before being placed with his wonderful parents. There were a lot of special things we wanted to do during our ceremony and Charles wrote beautiful vows for us and made it all fit together perfectly.
Holston home is a great place to donate if you are looking to do so before the year is up. Check it out: http://www.holstonhome.org/
photo by Cher Hanna
2. Kara Cardinal: My amazing, caring, sweetheart of a wedding planner. There were so many crazy things that happened while trying to plan this small event and she handled all of it with grace and with a heart that understood the importance of this day. She did all of the decorating and the flowers for my wedding, aside from the crafts that I did. Here is her website: http://www.wedding.com/wedding-vendors/fl/naples/wedding-planner/kc-interiors-and-events-inc./129989
3. Cher Hanna Photography: Cher was our lovely wedding photographer along with her husband Ed and daughter Chloe. I could really go on and on about her. She captured all of the special details and was just cool to be around, putting us totally at ease. She didn’t miss a thing !
Cher Hanna Photo http://www.cherhanna.com/
4. Vibrant Media: Alex Cascio and Vibrant Media Productions created this wedding video which, in my opinion, stands up next to any music video I have filmed ! I worried a little bit about having a videographer and that it would be distracting, but we hardly noticed he was filming and he and his filming partner were such great guys. I really was blown away by this video. It made me smile and cry all at the same time. http://www.vibrantmediaproductions.com
5. Christine Harrower and The Staff at the Tween Waters Inn and Castaways: We LOVE the Tween Waters Inn. It’s low-key and unpretentious, a place where you can lay out at the beautiful beach or go fishing. The restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner is called the Old Captiva House and the food is truly exceptional. Our families raved about it. There is a more casual restaurant on site called, The Crows Nest and it is awesome too ! Rod loves the grouper bites.
Back to Christine, the events coordinator, she did a great job working through all of the details and helping us get exactly what we wanted. It took a lot of communication to figure this all out, and she handled it all very professionally and with care, always giving us options and trying to find the best way to accommodate our needs. I also got my hair and Makeup done at the Spa at Tween Water Inn by a lovely girl named Soad. It was awesome to be able to be able to do that on site. Overall, everyone that we came in to contact with at Tween was so helpful and accommodating. I cannot say enough great things about this place.
6.Vivian Aiello Seaside Strings: Vivian played violin at our ceremony and she even learned “These are My People” for our recessional. She was such a kind person and played beautifully.
7. The White Room in Lebanon, TN: I worked with a girl named Ashley at the Bride Room to find my dress. She could have easily gotten frustrated with me after I came in three separate time with a different audience of critics. First my dad, then Rodney and his parents, and then, finally, alone. I ended up choosing a dress that Rodney picked, as I could not make up my mind to save my life. I never had that AH-HA this is the perfect dress moment, but it did turn out to be exactly the right dress and I can’t imagine having worn anything else. Ashley was extremely kind and patient. I also purchased a beautiful hand-made sash from the white room, that I really felt made the dress and there in house alterations woman was just perfect.
Photo By Cher Hanna
On another note, since people keep asking, my head piece was semi-made by yours truly. I will try to post a tutorial sometime soon, but basically, I got the twine that looks like branches at Walmart in the floral department, some gold and green wire, and some fake flowers. I fit the twine to my head and then started experimenting with flower placement and tying little ribbons in places. It was not an exact science. I just tried to see what would look good with my face. Once I figured that out, I sent the prototype to Kara and she simply replaced the fake flowers with fresh ones. I highly recommend making a prototype if you are going to wear something like this, because with the wrong flower placement, these headbands can easily look silly.
My necklace was from J Crew and my pearls were my grandmothers
We got all of our rings from Stephanie at Genesis Diamonds
I got this cute little ring holder on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62235994/beach-wedding-seashell-ring-holder-ring?ref=market
I custom made our hats on Custom Ink
photo by Cher Hanna
My flip flops were from Southern Tide (our favorite) http://www.southerntide.com/